Sunday, September 25, 2011

RAY CHARLES – LIVE IN FRANCE 1961

Eagle Rock Entertainment and Reelin’ In The Years Productions have announced the October 25th worldwide release of Ray Charles - Live In France 1961 on DVD. The newly discovered concerts, featuring an hour and 45 minutes of performances, were filmed at the 1961 Antibes Jazz Festival in France and show Ray Charles in his prime period with the original Raelettes and his most legendary band (including David “Fathead” Newman and Hank Crawford.) These concerts, Ray’s first-ever performances in Europe, helped him become one of America’s most beloved international stars. Issued with the full cooperation of the Ray Charles Estate, the concerts have been newly transferred from the original 16mm films and have been digitally restored and remastered.
Ray Charles - Live In France 1961 features 25 songs including the timeless classics “What’d I Say," “Georgia On My Mind,” "Hallelujah, I Love Her So" and "I Believe To My Soul." Also included are “Doodlin’,” "One Mint Julep" & "Hornful Soul" showcasing Ray’s jazz era, as well as the country-tinged Nat King Cole composition, “With You On My Mind,” a song Ray never recorded. Also included is a 25-minute bonus section that features six additional performances from the festival.

This historic discovery is the first project to develop from the new partnership between Reelin’ In The Years Productions, the world’s largest library of music footage and France’s Institut National de l’Audiovisuel (Ina), one of Europe’s most important footage archives. Reelin’ In The Years is confident that Ina’s vast, well-documented archive will provide music footage for many more projects of this caliber in the near future.

Ray Charles - Live In France 1961 will make its Hollywood (and world-wide) premiere at a special screening presented by the American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles on October 20th.  The film’s producers and other notables are expected to be on hand at the event for which tickets are available to the public. The screening will be followed by a moderated panel discussion that will include director David Peck, one of the film’s producers Tom Gulotta, Ray Charles catalog authority James Austin and Rob Bowman, Associate Professor of Ethnomusicology at Toronto’s York University, whose incisive liner notes are part of the Ray Charles - Live In France 1961 package.

Track Listing:
July 18, 1961:
1) The Story
2) Doodlin’
3) One Mint Julep
4) Let The Good Times Roll
5) Georgia On My Mind
6) Sticks And Stones
7) Hallelujah, I Love Her So
8) What’d I Say

July 22, 1961:
9) Hornful Soul
10) Let The Good Times Roll
11) Georgia On My Mind
12) My Bonnie
13) With You On My Mind
14) Ruby
15) Tell The Truth
16) I Wonder
17) Sticks And Stones
18) I Believe To My Soul
19) What’d I Say

Bonus Tracks July 19,1961:
20) The Story
21) Sticks And Stones
22) Yes Indeed
23) I Believe To My Soul
24) What ’d I Say

July21, 1961

25) I Wonder
 
Ray Charles · Live In France 1961
Eagle Rock Entertainment · Release Date: October 25, 2011

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...