Saturday, August 01, 2009

FRANK SINATRA - MY WAY 40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Frank Sinatra Enterprises has announced an agreement with the Concord Music Group to release select titles from Sinatra’s Reprise Records catalog, including an unreleased live recording. The agreement commenceed this past May with the first two titles: My Way 40th Anniversary Edition, which includes two previously unreleased tracks and the never-before-available Live At The Meadowlands, the 1986 live album that spotlights Sinatra back in his New Jersey stomping grounds, wooing a sold-out crowd.

Produced by Don Costa and Sonny Burke, My Way was released in March 1969 and features a varied collection of contemporary pop songs, including Simon and Garfunkel’s “Mrs. Robinson,” The Beatles’ “Yesterday,” Ray Charles’ “Hallelujah I Love Her So,” and the iconic title track, “My Way,” which would become his career theme song. The song occupies a special place in popular music, influencing generations of musicians, from Elvis Presley to the Sex Pistols, both of whom conspicuously recorded their own versions. Famous Sinatraphile Bono, who contributes the My Way 40th Anniversary Edition liner notes, wrote of the song, “..[it’s] a boast – more kiss-off than send-off – embodying all the machismo a man can muster about the mistakes he’s made on the way from here to everywhere.” Also included are two unreleased tracks: Stevie Wonder’s classic “For Once In My Life, recorded on August 13, 1969 for the Sinatra television special, and a live version of “My Way,” recorded on October 24, 1987, at Reunion Arena in Dallas.

My Way 40th Anniversary Edition Tracks
1. Watch What Happens
2. Didn’t We
3. Hallelujah I Love Her So
4. Yesterday
5. All My Tomorrows
6. My Way
7. A Day In The Life Of A Fool
8. For Once In My Life
9. If You Go Away
10. Mrs. Robinson

Bonus Tracks:
11. For Once In My Life
12. My Way

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...