Wednesday, December 03, 2008

WILL DOWNING BACK ON THE ROAD WITH SMOOTH JAZZ CHRISTMAS TOUR

Will Downing is back on the road in spite of the fact that he took time away from live performances this past year. Downing is battling the degenerative muscle disease polymyositis. He recently returned to the stage for a series of performance just this past summer. He is currently on the road as part of a Smooth Christmas tour that features Lalah Hathaway and Gerald Albright. The tour launched on November 28 at the Detroit Opera House and winds up on December 21 at the Woodruff Arts Center in Atlanta Georgia. In all, the tour will stop in 9 cities. Downing was recently quoted saying “You know what? I take it day by day. You know the phone is ringing consistently for folks to book me to come out and do whatever I do. That’s good, but I’m trying to do a good balancing act now. I take a little work, do a little play. I do what I can do. I don’t over-extend myself.”

Here is where you can see Will Downing in performance:
Nov 28 – Detroit Opera House, Detroit, MI
Nov 29 – Warner Theatre, Washington, DC
Nov 30 – Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, DC
Dec 5 – Canon Center, Memphis, TN
Dec 12 – Majestic Theatre, Dallas, TX
Dec 13 – Arena Theatre, Houston, TX
Dec 14 – The Pageant, St. Louis, MO
Dec 19 – Madame Walker Theatre, Indianapolis, IN
Dec 20 – Parkwest Theatre, Chicago, IL
Dec 21 – Woodruff Arts Center, Atlanta ,GA

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...