Thursday, March 01, 2007

 VICTOR FIELDS RELEASES NEW CD – ‘THINKING OF YOU’

Singer Victor Fields has a album, titled Thinking of You, which is a collection of covers and features a dynamic list of musicians and producers, including Chris Comozzi, keyboardist Jeff Lorber, saxophonist Richard Elliot and flugelhorn player Rick Braun. This new release is more than a remake of classic soul hits, though. It’s an enlightening piece of work that led the veteran singer to find his own identity. After creating his first through third albums with certain goals in mind, Fields said that this was the first time he just walked in the studio and laid down a record with no agenda. “The very first record I started out with, Kashif was the producer. It was a very Urban AC (Adult Contemporary) CD,” he described. “The second project, I moved back to the Bay Area. It was something that I didn’t plan, but something that felt natural. I wanted to be more grounded, so I went into more of a jazz thing. But I think there is still a lot of soul still left in me and I didn’t really understand that until we were talking about the next album.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...